Once you are done with each post, scroll down to the bottom and you will see a list of Blog Hop participants; you can click on their name to go to their post, or you can click the next button to go to the next post in line. Happy crafting! This month’s theme is Teacher Appreciation. My project is a school bus that holds treats or a gift card.This cute little bus is transformed from an ice cream truck that I made for a class. Here it is.
Here are the directions using Bumblebee cardstock:
- You need 3 pieces of card stock – 2 @ 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and one at 2 1/2 X 3 1/2
- 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 – On the long side score at 3 and 5 1/2 turn and on the short side score at 3
- 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 – On the long side score at 1 1/2, 3, 7 turn and on the short side score 1 1/2 and 4
- 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 – score 1/2 all the way around.
- 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 – cut out the corners, angle the ends of the tabs, burnish score lines
- The 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 piece that is scored a little off centered, with the 2 1/2 section facing you, cut on the score lines on the short end just to the first intersecting line. Do both ends. Then with the 2 1/2 section still facing you, cut from the bottom left corner of the middle block on score line up at an angle. I usually measure to get a more even cut. See tutorial for clarification. Burnish all score lines
- The remaining piece, on the long sides, cut on each score mark to the first intersection. Please watch the video for step-by-step directions.
- Video for Ice Cream Truck
- You can decorate the truck as you desire. I used the retiring Apple Building Punch and the Harvest Hellos Cling Stamps. The light paper is from the Hydrangea Hill DSP. The sentiment was cut using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
In the picture, the back flap is just pushed in. The back of the bus will open to fill with treats or gift card for that special teacher.
Thank you so much for checking out our hop today! We know you are going to love all the other projects you will see in the hop today, so don’t forget to hop all the way around. You are currently at my blog – Laurie Bradshaw. Check out the list below to make sure you see who is next. Please click on the names below to continue on the hop.