Sunday, August 15, 2021

Luv 2 Stamp Blog Hop Birthday Blackberry Beauty Criss-Cross Card


 Welcome to the Luv 2 Stamp Group’s 2021 Blog Hop! We are excited to share projects with you this year. We hope to inspire you to create beautiful new projects. Each month we will have a different theme based on the next month’s celebrations using Stampin’ Up! products. When you have completed each post, be sure to scroll down to the bottom and you will see the list of Blog Hop Participants. You may either click on their name to go to their post or click the NEXT button.  Happy Crafting, and I hope you enjoy this month’s theme: Birthdays!

My order of Blackberry Beauty finally came last night. I could now begin creating with this lovely suite of products. I can see these products being used to make all kinds of cards, not just birthday cards. 

I decided to try a card that I have never tried before. I made a vertical and horizontal Criss-Cross Fold Over card and decorated envelopes. I took inspiration from Rachel Tessman.

Looking at these gorgeous papers I saw the owls right away. I couldn't help but think about the owl in Harry Potter! This owl is bringing birthday wishes for one lucky person!

I used the same paper but I just folded them slightly different, decorating with the Blackberry Ephemera pack. This awesome package contains ready-to-use pieces that match perfectly with this DSP. I changed up the labels, adding  brushed metallic DSP  to one, the new Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots on two, and the lovely Gold Shimmer Ribbon on the other. The Basic White piece is an insert where I stamped Happy Birthday on the top of the cardstock with Blackberry Bliss Ink using the birthday stamp from Sweet as a Peach Polymer Stamp Set. 

Check out the video from Rachel Tessman for step-by-step directions:

https://stampyourartout.com/2021/04/hand-penned-criss-cross-cards.html


Materials

  • Cordinating Color Cardstock
    • Two pieces of 4-1/4” x 11” scored parallel to the short end at 5-1/2” then cut diagonally from the middle edge to an outer corner
  • Basic White Cardstock
    • 3-3/4” x 5-1/8”
    • Scrap for stamping and die-cutting labels
  • Blackberry Beauty Designer Paper
    • 4” x 5-1/4”
    • 2-1/2" x 6-1/2" (for the envelope)

Metric Measurements…

  • Coordinating Color Cardstock
    • Two pieces of 10.5 cm x 29.7 cm scored parallel to the short end at 14.8 cm then cut diagonally from the middle edge to an outer corner
  • Basic White Cardstock
    • 3 cm x 13.9 cm
    • Scrap for stamping and die-cutting floral cluster
  • Blackberry Beauty Designer Paper
    • 9 cm x 14.2 cm 

 

Here are all the birthday cards that I made using the Criss-Cross fold. I hope you will be encouraged to make some birthday cards with the products from the Blackberry Beauty Suite.


 Thank you so much for checking out our hop today! We know you are going to love all the other projects you will see in the hop today, so don’t forget to hop all the way around. Leaving a comment is an added bonus. You are currently at my blog – Laurie Bradshaw. Check out the list below to make sure you see who is next. Please click on the names below to continue on the hop. 

Tammy Civello-CA

Sandra Hernandez-GA 

Sharon Lim-CA

Darla Foster -CO

Teri West-AK

Laurie Bradshaw-CA (You are here)

 


5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Laurie!!! I love that fold. I am going to have to give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combinations Laurie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fold, which I haven't seen for awhile. Those colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC! I love the paper, and this fold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can mix it with a drink of your choice and use it a couple times a day to allow your body to detox. However, while you’re taking apple cider, no alcohol should be consumed. Limit your cider consumption to just two teaspoons a day. The best time to consume it is right before a meal. Another factor to keep in mind is that certain employers demand that you have the urine sample when being supervised. This effectively removes the possibility of urine swapping. Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

  Happy New Year, Crafty Friends! I have created a series of cards with the newly to be released Memories and More Cards and Envelopes and t...