Sunday, June 20, 2021

Luv 2 Stamp Blog Hop Red, White, and Blue Challenge with Create with Friends

Welcome to the Luv 2 Stamp Group’s 2021 Blog Hop! We are excited to share projects with you this year, we hope to inspire you to create beautiful new projects. Each month we will have a different theme based on the next month’s celebrations using Stampin’ Up! products.

When you have completed each post, be sure to scroll down to the bottom and you will see the list of Blog Hop Participants. You may either click on their name to go to their post or click the NEXT button.  Happy Crafting and I hope you enjoy this month’s theme: Red, White and Blue!


 Here is my sample for the Red, White, and Blue challenge. I wondered how I could make a patriotic card with no patriotic paper. The challenge was on. Beginning with a larger base than typical, I layered Night of Navy, Basic White, and Poppy Pararde. In order to offset the dark colors, I used the light blue striped piece from the You're a Peach DSP. With this canvas I needed a focal point.  Daisies are the ticket. I used the Daisy Punch. But what could I use that is red, white, and blue? I remembered the Neutral  6"x 6" DSP (Night of Navy) and the Brights DSP(Poppy Parade). The rounded squares will give added texture and interest for the flowers, as well as preparing the flower to look more dimensional with my fingers or stylus. Don't forget a daisy from Basic White, too. I embellished the flowers with matching Rhinestone Jewels. 

Next, I went looking for the perfect sentiment and label. The Stitched So Sweetly Dies  are  perfect for a tag featuring the bold "Celebrate" from the new Create with Friends stamp set. Of course, "Celebrate" was stamped with Poppy Parade!

So with a little imagination  I think I succeeded in this challenge. What do you think?

Cutting and Scoring Dimensions

Night of Navy         6"x12", scored at 6"

Basic White             5-3/4" x 5-3/4"

Poppy Parade           5-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Night of Navy          5-1/4" x 5-1/4"

Peach DSP               5-1/8" x 5-1/8"

Basic White              5-3/4"x 5-3/4" (Inside)

Celebrate                  Poppy Parade

Label                        Stitched So Sweetly

Night of Navy and Poppy Parade 6"x6" DSP

Rhinestones

Thank you so much for checking out our hop today! We know you are going to love all the other projects you will see in the hop today, so don’t forget to hop all the way around. You are currently at my blog – Laurie Bradshaw. Check out the list below to make sure you see who is next. Please click on the names below to continue on the hop. 

 


 

 

 

6 comments:

  Happy New Year, Crafty Friends! I have created a series of cards with the newly to be released Memories and More Cards and Envelopes and t...